There two types of bases, the home base and the hangar base that also can build air units. A player can only have one home base, it is the base the player begins with.
- If the player enters the home map, he gets a home base (but only if one does not already exist) on a random position near allies
- The home base (indicated by having no aircraft hangar) will be taken out of the game when the player is offline (on the map) for more than 15 minutes. If the player reenters the map later, then the home base will take place on the map again.
You can define in the setup menu, that the home base should not leave the map when the production timer is over. (but keep in mind that the home base in that case maybe longer on the battle field and can be attacked.)
- If the home base reenters the map it tries to be on the same position as last time, but if this is not possible (e.g. because there is a unit or base now) if try to take a positon near allies.
- While the home base is not on the map the home base will be invulnerable. The home base is only vulnerable / destroyable when it is on the map. In the case the buildings can be destroyed. (However, maximum building (power plant, base command, military centers) are still recoverable in that case)
- If the home base has an active production and the home base is "logged out" from the map then will the production be paused and resumed as soon as the base is back on the map.
Example: the player activates the production of contrete for the home base for 1 hour and goes directly offline. For about 15 minutes concrete will be produced and the home base will disappeare from the map.
And when the player cames back after 3 hours on that map, the steel production will resume with 45 minutes remaining time.
- The home base is not capturable, only destroyable
- All other bases (so not home bases) are permanently on the map and can be attacked / destoryed / conquered at any time
- all units on the map can be attacked/destoryed at any time
- Up to 100 home bases can be on the map at the same time
- home map change only possible if you have only one base in the game
help.marsbattle.com | Mars Battle | Science Fiction Real Time Strategy Game